Well we are already a full month into 2021, and I seem to be settled into Calgary quite nicely. I had the chance to go skiing out here with a few friends in the mountains for the first time ever over the last few weekends – I could get used to that!
Aside from that, you might remember that last month I spoke about your rebound year in 2021and using OPM (Others People’s Money) to invest in real estate and achieve the lifestyle you are striving for.
This month I am going to build on that a little bit, by explaining my thoughts about the market here in Calgary and how I plan to invest for success this year.
I think that at the beginning of a new year, there is a lot of positive thinking as a lot of people tend to reflect on their past and set a new expectation looking forward. For me, that positive thinking revolves around the opportunities of real estate investing in Calgary. There are 3 big reasons why I am excited about these next few months, and here’s why.
1. The combination of Calgary’s Strong Rental Market and overall Affordability
– Calgary hasn’t followed the rest of Canada’s real estate growth patterns over the last few years, making is affordable for investors to buy, and also for tenants to rent.
– There is a lack of purpose built rental properties, leaving this gap in supply and demand for local investors to step in and help out (huge opportunity).
– Calgary rents are projected to grow 2.8% this year (2021).
2. Calgary’s economy has proven to be very Resilient over the last few years and Population has been Steadily Increasing since 2019.
– In 2015 Calgary experienced an Oil and Gas crisis which had a negative impact on the city and surrounding areas. The city has already had a market adjustment.
– There has been proven overall stability in the rental market year over year.
– Because of the two reasons above, Calgary seems to have a very low downside risk.
3. Favourable bylaw and tenancy legislation
– The bylaw legislation in Calgary has been changed to embrace secondary suites because of the demand in rental needs. This is very advantageous to investors.
– Landlord friendly market with no rent control, unlike Ontario where most laws favour the tenant.
I think the combination of the market trends stated above provide an amazing opportunity for investors like myself to take advantage of affordable and high cash flowing properties. I plan to use OPM to do this and create great returns for all parties involved.
Over the course of the next few months I will take you along each step of my journey while searching for, analyzing, and structuring deals to build on my real estate investment portfolio, so keep an eye out for some extra content on my social accounts!
Most people think this kind of investing is hard to get started in and wonder where they will ever find the money to do so. Do you have an RRSP or other investment capital not getting you a high return safely? If you’re interested in taking advantage of these opportunities in Calgary as well, hit reply now and let’s have a conversation on what that looks like.
I hope everyone has a great Valentine’s Day, I hope you’ll follow along on my journey with me, and we’ll catch you again in March!
View from my Balcony (Calgary, Alberta)
13 Easy Investing Apps and Websites for Millennials
No one has ever complained about having an additional source of passive income.
Although investing always carries its risks, it is undoubtedly one of the easiest ways to make money. All of your hard-earned income can be employed to generate more value, which in return can make even more money, until you finally get out of the rat race. At least that is how it works in theory.
In reality, markets are complicated and it is not easy to make the right investment decisions all of the time. However, these 13 apps and websites are designed to make investing almost effortless.
If you have not started investing yet, I recommend you start taking care of your financial future today. It may take time, but the results are immensely rewarding and your future self will thank you.
About Jamie Thompson:
Jamie Thompson is a real estate investor. He’s been actively involved in Calgary and the surrounding areas of Alberta area real estate investing for a number of years. His mission is to provide quality housing for quality tenants, while at the same time providing an above-average return on investment (R.O.I) for our investor partners and ourselves. It is truly a win-win-win way of investing!
Jamie offers his investor partners hands-free investment opportunities. If you are interested to learn how to earn an above-average return on your investment, backed by a solid asset, and without a hassle of being a landlord, please contact Jamie.
For more information about Jamie and his investment program,
please call 289-716-0718. or visit https://investwithjamie.com/